McGonigleis in Hanover Township, mostly in sections 17 and 18, at the intersection of U. S. 27 and Ohio 130. It was named for Phillip McGonigle, who had a contract to build a mile of railroad and whose house doubled as the railroad station. Previously, there had been a mill and a still there about 1830. James McGonigle was the first postmaster. McGonigle (milepost 33.23) was listed as 7.8 miles from Hamilton station and 6.3 miles from Oxford station on a station list of the Cincinnati, Indianapolis & Western Railroad (now part of CSX). Dec. 13, 1889, a fire destroyed the stone McGonigle station, described in a Hamilton newspaper of that date as including a country store operated by Joseph Black and the residence occupied by the Black family, plus a ticket and telegraph office, a passenger waiting room and a freight storage room. There also was a stock pen for holding animals. According to research by Jim O'Dell of the Cincinnati Railroad Club, the CI&W in the 1920s maintained 60-car west and 43-car east passing sidings at McGonigle.